24 March 2019

27

You might ever heard (or got) one tricky question, "How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?"

How did you answer it?


Five years ago, I was only a graduated student who's in a lane of pursuing Master in Netherland (the country I've been feeling thrilled for no reason everytime I saw the map in the atlas  back in the elementary school) or become so-called "corporate slave". I was dreaming about running my own business that holistically connecting art, environment and sustainability after I graduated Master. I never thought of married before 27. And I dreamt of being a musician, too. And evolved to "not walking in the ordinary path" life of graduated-formal work-married-have children-grow old-die. I wanna make my own kind of life.

Today, five years later, I swallowed my oath; I graduated, work formally from 8 to 5, married with one kid. However, when I took a step in one side of the lane, I was thinking of taking a detour to my dream. The destination is the same but it take a longer time.

I don't regret the life I live now. In fact, I am so grateful of having this kind of life; the one that probably still a dream for somebody else. So I should not take it for granted and live to the fullest. Moreover, the finish line is yet to see. Even if I feel like I'm not living the life I ever dreamt of but who knows where life will bring.

We can be anything in five years. We can still be a person who chase the long-dreamt dreams. We can be a brand new person, too. Situation can be different each day that make dreams change. Priority can change. One single step can change our destination. The point is, nothing is eternal but change.


So, can we still answer that tricky question?


No comments:

Post a Comment