13 May 2018

Heartbroken

This morning, in the middle of KulineRun's hype (running event), my heart was broken seeing a picture shared by Rizal that captured a chaotic church near my neighborhood, less than 2 kms away from where I live. It was bombed. Turned out, that wasn't the one and only bombing today. There were two others that blew in two different churches, at about the same time, and dropping many casualties. How could a human do an inhumane thing like that?? I was sad, angry and scared at the same time. The terrorist thing I watched back then was somewhere far. But this one, it's like.. It's happening in front of my face. So close.

It's more than twelve hours since the incident, but I still don't feel okay. It's like I'm holding my tears all day long. I actually feel like I don't wanna write anything. My mood was just dropped ever since. I tried to draw, but my feelings don't even change. Even I feel like I can't fake a smile for tomorrow's event where I have to be the host.


Tried to recreate some artist's drawing I found on Pinterest


I hope tomorrow everything will be okay when I wake up. Just like when I was a kid, when I was mad to my mom and went to sleep, in the morning I forget what happened the night before. Poof! Like nothing happen.


At the end, I wanna say that my heart goes to the victims and their families. Hope this city will recover as soon as possible, and be strong as it's always been.






No comments:

Post a Comment