09 March 2010

Java Jazz, Camera, and Birthday

Howdy bloggie! :)
I'm sorry I couldn't write anything during Java Jazz Festival last week. I thought I can find any internet connection easily on the venue. In fact we have to pay some charge if we wanna use wi-fi connection. *sigh
And you know, my home internet connection's becoming jerk and worse everyday. It's difficult to upload any picture. Any size of picture, for-the-god-sake!!! *groaaarrrr

So, I'm playing with my luck. Trying to upload some of them. Here they go..
Barry Likumahuwa Project


Syaharani


Ian. he's also on the Syaharani's band


Jane Monheit


the guitarist of Tika and the Dissidents. isn't he cute? :3


Indra Azis who sings "Jakarta City Blues"


The Maestro: Bubi Chen


silhouette of Roy Hargrove

Too dark?
Too bright?
Grainy?
Miss-focused?
Yes. As an amateur, I realize those weakness.

The point is in fact I like capturing concert. I like the way I snatch for the good place n angle with other photographers. I like patiently waiting for the good lighting so that I won't get an over-exposure picture (moreover I'll get a good back-light, too). I like to be on the very first line of the audience, even right in front of the stage. :)

Unfortunately, I wasn't come into the special shows like Manhattan Transfer and John Legend. The audience were way too much and crowded. My desire of taking any picture of them was vanished. But anyway, I had a chance to join the press-conference of John Legend on the first day.

pictures were taken by Erson Padapiran, my partner(-in-crime) :p


I enjoyed this new experience. :)

The greatest present of this year's birthday was, at twelve o'clock on March 8, 2010 I was on Bob James's performance and being right in front of his mini-stage, and I was only a meter away from him!!


Hey, doesn't it random that I actually working on a radio station but I keep pressing the shutter-button?


Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The 'sure thing' boat never gets far from shore. -Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment